Thursday, August 2, 2007

What fun, what fun!

So, we've been out of town for the last two weeks. Jer's brother Jimmy got married to a totally awesome chick that we love, named Amy. We think she rocks and that Jimmy made a really good choice. Everyone in both our families was really excited to meet our beautiful Misha. Seeing as how we were there for the wedding, we spent a lot of time with Jer's family.

A few siblings and their families are missing from this photo-but here's a few of them...see how happy they are to have Misha with them? :) In fact, one of Jer's sisters, LeeAnn, said when she told Misha that they were going to send Jer and I home and keep her, she smiled. Nice try LeeAnn. ;) We managed to get out to Utah by way of Denver, CO. A family in our ward moved to Bountiful, UT, and needed a vehicle driven for them, so we took them up! Because of their generosity, we were able to stop in Denver and see my grandparents who normally wouldn't have met her because my grandmother is in a nursing home.

It was wonderful seeing them...I haven't seen them in about 3 years. And just so the record is straight-I trounced Grandpa in the first game of cribbage and it took him two games to make it up. :) While we were in Salt Lake, we stayed with my other Grandparents. Grandma simply loved Misha and she laid the guilt trip about how her great granddaughter is growing up without her around.
Anyway-we had a great time. I got to see my niece and nephew (MY sister's kids) as well-they're so cute!!! Sadly I don't really have any pictures of them though.:( I will soon though and I'll post it then. But I just love them. My niece Lyla has the most adorable smile I've ever seen...and she smiles so easily. Anyway-It was a blast and it really pulled on our heart strings this go around. We miss all our friends...we only had about a day and a half of seeing friends from my college days and our days at Sundance. You know who you all are, and you're terribly missed. Hope everyone had a great few weeks!

3 comments:

abby said...

you guys really made the rounds! How fun! that's so cool that both sets of grandparents got to meet their great grandchild!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for calling me when you were here....oh wait, that's right you didn't! :) I know how busy it is, but please call me next time you're in town!

Anonymous said...

Oh glorious Day! Thanks for coming out, it was great having you guys there, hope all is going well with your little family. -Jim