So, I finally turned 25. Much as I may have liked a big deal to be made, it was kind of nice to have a quiet birthday this year. I got to sleep in (thanks Bear!), went to the store and purchased some desired things, and had dinner at...

It was tres delish. The sweet waitress, without even being asked, brought out this...

Jer actually ate the cake (well, most of it anyway), and I had that delicious real whipped cream on the plate.
I was very blessed with wonderful presents this year. My sweet husband got me the best present of all-something I begged my parents for for YEARS. (Ever since my 8th grade shop class!)

That's right--he got me a router.:) My hubby really does know me so well! I'm uber stoked to pull it out and use it, which hopefully will happen tomorrow. (And my many thanks to my parents who gave me money to buy router bits!) For those of you who don't know what a router is-it's a tool used to put detailed borders on wood. (Some routers-called plunge routers-will actually carve them into a piece of wood as well.) I love to wood work, though I haven't done it in years, so I'm really excited to get started. I actually already had a project I needed to do, so I'm super excited to get started on it. I'll post pictures of it when I'm done.
My many thanks to those of you who sent your well wishes and love. It was a spectacular birthday!
4 comments:
You're a nerd. Seriously.
:-)
Congratulations on hitting the quarter of a century mark! With that car accident recently, we're all glad you made it.
p.s. it was good to see you in the temple.
Happy Birthday! And- I'm glad your fondest dream was finally fulfilled... I'm just at a loss as to why it involved shop tools.
Car accident?? Tools?? You need to spill your guts more!! And now, for the REST of the story...........(by the way... happy birthday!)
A router?! You are so funny! It will be fun to see what you create. Happy Birthday by the way!
Post a Comment