Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Big 1!

Here's me at about 5 or 6 am, one year ago...after already being in labor for, oh...let's see...8 or nine hours. (SO glad I'm not pregnant anymore.)
That's right folks-Misha will officially turn one tonight at 8:11pm EDT. I can hardly believe I'm mother to a toddler. Heck, I can still hardly believe I'm a mother. Anyway-we celebrated Sunday since my sister and niece were in town. We had a couple of close friends from Southern Maryland over as well, and had a blast celebrating and watching Misha down her first piece of cake independently.

You obviously see Jer here in the movie-the little girl next to him is the daughter of two of our close friends, Jeff and Katie. You'd be surprised-she's only 3, and I swear the tallest one I've ever seen. My dad's voice is the distinguishable deep one in the background-he's actually standing just out of view. Clearly I'm the one filming. After we sang to her, we put a disposable table cloth over the chair and what not, stripped her down to her diaper, and let her go to town. You can actually see she was a bit anxious to get her chance in the video.

And yes...the cake was good enough to lick the plate. I love McKay's cakes...
She got a lot of toys (THANK YOU EVERYONE!..she really needed some news ones to freshen up the exploring), and some fabulously cute clothes from my mom.
After she was done mashing cake all over creation, I took her upstairs for a quick bath and then she opened her presents.
She was highly entertained, as were we all. So, how old is she?
That's right, one.
Oh, and here's a picture of her and my niece after the party Saturday night.
All in all, I think she's had a pretty great first birthday, minus the shots she had to get at the doctor's today. Here's to many more birthdays! I love you, Misha, and Happy Birthday!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So VERY cute! HAPPY BIRTHDAY MISHA! My favorite picture is the one of her showing how old she is. Love it!

Anonymous said...

YEAH MISHA!! happy birthday!! I can't believe you have a toddler too! I bet you are just a great mom!

The Gould Family said...

happy birthday misha!

Kim and Jim said...

The 1st is definitely the best! Something about digging into the cake is just so cute. Looks like she had a great time! Isn't it about time she had a little sibling to play with?? :)

Lindsay Edward said...

hahahaha I LOVE the pic of you in the hospital bed. I can't believe she's a year old now! Happy belated birthday Misha!