Monday, June 16, 2008

So, it's been a while.

So, apparently I'm really busy at work! I haven't posted in almost a month-shame on me. But things are going well there-I haven't met one person I don't like in my department, which is wonderful, and I'm starting to get the hang of things...I think. Things are steadily moving on, albeit slowly. Not much has changed with us. I'm working full time for the first time in my entire life, and I think I'm handling it pretty well. We've had some sad news of late that very dear friends of ours are moving out of the area...and you guessed it!, to UTAH! We have lost many friends to that state, and I know that I'll get on onslaught of family telling us we just need to join them. Alas, our place is still here. But we sadly have already said goodbye to the Cutshaw family-while they may not know it, they mean a whole lot to us, and we were sad to say goodbye. We will also be losing our dear friends the McBrides at the end of July. Some of you may know of whom I speak, others may not. The McBrides were our "replacement" Hart family. We've become so close with them, I even consider LaVarr more like a brother than our Bishop-heck, I pretty much call him LaVarr all the time. While no one can truly replace the Harts (you know we love you guys too much to ever truly replace you), we will consider the separation from them just as hard as we did having to leave the Harts. But, we still have a little over a month, so while I've already shed a lot of tears about them leaving, we still get them a little while longer. Now, on to funner things (yes, funner is a word in my vocabulary) and less depressing topics.


Much to our great joy and pride, our daughter, it seems, is going to become quite the avid rock climber. She has begun climbing all over everything. She's got an impressive amount of upper body strength, and so I'm pretty sure we'll be enrolling her in beginner rock climbing courses just as soon as she finally takes some steps without holding onto anything. She climbs onto the couch by using us as her hand holds and hoists herself right on up. It's fairly entertaining. Now, if only she'd just walk all on her own...

4 comments:

mnhvance said...

I'm glad to finally see your blog again! I tried to get on a few days ago to find out that you went private. Not a bad idea. Anyway - thanks for the invite to see it! I'm glad to be catching up again!

Kim and Jim said...

That's an impressive leg stretch! She'll be a climber for sure. Oh- and, not that I'm biased, but Utah pretty much is the best state in the world. :)

My25Cents said...

HOLY SMOKES! I'm so glad you're blogging again - I thought that your job had swallowed you whole!
I feel your pain about losing friends to that "other" state. I'm sure one day you'll head that way and I'll be cursing your name. Glad to know it won't be for a while.

Lindsay Edward said...

Yay! She's starting to walk! hehe Oh and clarification on the EE thing. It stands for electrical engineer. lol