Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baby updates

Well, I had the growth scan on baby boy today. It turns out he already weighs about 5 lbs. 3 oz., which if anyone knows-his weight would not keep him from going home if he was born now (though his under developed lungs probably would.). He should technically weigh around 3 lbs. 4 oz. this week. So we’re two pounds ahead. His torso and legs are measuring around 34.5 weeks, which is two and a half weeks ahead of schedule. I’ve already scheduled an amniocentesis (inserting a needle into my uterus, withdrawing amniotic fluid, and testing it to see if his lungs are developed) for April the 6th. That means I hope to induce around the 12th or 13th of April. It’s hard to believe that I’m now under 50 days until he’s born-most likely. I can’t wait to see him. And so, here’s a picture of my big ol’ belly-and this is the 4D ultrasound picture of his beautiful little face-hint, it’s on the left of the picture, and the nose is the easiest to pick out. Here’s a picture of me when I was about 37 and a half weeks along with Misha (so 5.5 weeks head of where I am right now) to compare the size of these two. Hope everyone’s good!



Misha pregnancy-37 weeks, 1 day



Baby boy-31 weeks, 5 days



See his beautiful little face on the left side?

4 comments:

Annie H. said...

VERY CUTE!! Can't wait to see pictures of him once he's born!! You look marvelous, my darling :) I hope to look as cute when I get pregnant!

Liselle said...

Hayley he is so handsome...I hope and pray everything goes smoothly and he arrives in perfect health. Love you.

The Autry's said...

Oh my goodness that is just the cutest thing I think I've seen in a long time!! My mom once told me that babies usually get smaller after the first but i don't believe that! Mine have all gotten bigger. What's the deal with that!!

Kellie said...

Very beautiful!