So here's our little man! For the explanation of why he arrived 2 weeks early, see the previous post. He was born on 4.7.10 @ 15:01 (3:01 pm). He weighed in (mind you, 2 weeks early!) at 7 lbs 14 oz. and was 19 3/4" long. So, had he been born at the full forty weeks, he would have weighed over 9 lbs. most likely. I'm kinda glad he was 2 weeks early! Of course, I think I'd rather have a 9 lb. kid at full term than a c-section two weeks early. I hope to never go through surgery again! I do not recommend anyone getting a tummy tuck. Just live with the pooch-trust me. So, our little Scott is named after two men who have meant the world to both of us (outside our family-of course, we consider them family, but you get my point), Scott Hart (our fire chief from Sundance), and LaVarr McBride (our former bishop here). He is an incredibly mellow kid (much like both of his namesakes are mellow), and gives us a fair bit of sleep. I'll be the first to admit that our children have spoiled us in terms of new parenthood. They've both been good sleepers! Of course, he's only a week old, so we'll have to see how good he is as he gets older. Things have been good though. Aside from the headaches I get a few days after giving birth, I seem to be healing okay. I just have to remember to take it easy and slow-neither of which are particularly easy for me. All in all, we're stoked to have this adorable boy here. Misha is great with him, and absolutely loves to hug and cuddle on him. Our heartfelt thanks to those of you who have visited, brought meals, and kept us in your prayers. Anyway-enjoy the pictures, I'm going to go sneak some quiet time while he sleeps and the other two are out of the house!
5 comments:
Even though I already told you - he is so cute! We're excited for you and hope that recovery keeps going well and that the headaches go away! Post lots of pictures!
He is beautiful Hayley! Enjoy! Love you!
Cute baby boy!! Congrats on the safe arrival. I'll bwt Misha will be a great big sister.
BTW- your blog is really hard to read... new background maybe?
Congrats!! He is beautiful! I had to have a c-section with my first because he was breach so I totally know what you are going through. I did however love the fact that it was scheduled and an hour after arrival he was here with no contractions :) I hope you start to feel better soon...it does take a few weeks to feel like yourself again!
Congratulations!!!! He's a precious one!
Post a Comment