Tuesday, December 14, 2010

DISNEY and UNIVERSAL!!

Here are a few highlights of our trip. It was a great deal of fun-with our most favorite being our visits to Universal's parks. If you haven't been-go to Harry Potter-ride the Chinese Fire Tail. It's so much fun you'll wet your pants. Well, hopefully not, but you will have a ton of fun!

A list of our most favorite things we did at each park:

Magic Kingdom:
The Teacups-Duh!
Space Mountain

Animal Kingdom:
Expedition Everest-oh my gosh what a blast!!!!
Primeval Whirl

Epcot (This park MAJORLY screws with your senses):
Soarin'
The 360 degree movies in O Canada and China

Hollywood Studios:
Rockin' Roller Coaster-Man that first thrust is a bit scary! (0-60 in 3.5 seconds, yowzuh!)

Universal:
Blue Man Group!!!!

Universal Islands of Adventure:
Harry Potter
The Dragon's Challenge
Butterbeer (the drink, it's not a ride, but I had to throw it in there)
Seuss Landing
(And Jerry would say The Hulk)


We had so much fun. Enjoy the pictures, and enjoy your holidays!!! The pictures are in order of how we did them, so have fun putting our puzzle together of our trip!

Misha's very first roller coaster ride. It's the Woody Woodpecker ride at Universal. Yes, we are on it. We're in the very first car (we had it all to ourselves!), and you can barely see my head to the left behind Woody Woodpecker. Jerry sucks at getting action shots.;)

Meeting Alex and the penguins! Scotty sure looks tasty.


We saw Blue Man Group our first night, after our first day that was spent at Universal. They were amazing. All of the awesome rock music, without the hassle of having to worry about your kids hearing the lyrics. One of the workers went back stage and got Misha one of their drumsticks-then we have two of them "sign" them by putting their blue mark on it. It was awesome-and I really appreciated that lady for being so nice to my cute girl. GO SEE THEM. They're amazing and hilarious.

Harry Potter! L-R, Uncle Kip, Grandma (mine) Williams, cousin Andrew, Aunt April holding Misha, cousin Ben, Me, Scott, and Jer.

The hypogriff ride at Universal Orlando Islands of Adventure. My aunt April and cousin Andrew in the front, me and Misha right behind them, and my Unlce Kip and cousin Ben right behind us.

Yep-Jer and Misha went on Dumbo. Doesn't Jer look thrilled about it?


She says her favorite princess is Cinderella. I love how she's just sitting there having a nice little chat with her. It was so adorable I almost died.

A life-size gingerbread carousel that the Yacht and Beach club (where we did a character breakfast one of the days) builds every year. The horses are made from modeling chocolate. It was seriously really impressive.

All the ingredients that went into the life-size gingerbread carousel. It took I think over 10 people over 10 hours to put together. It was impressive.

Misha through the biggest hissy fit over meeting Daisy. Jer stood in line with her...of all the ones to fuss over I thought it would've been a faerie or a princess...but nope, it was Daisy.


Us at Epcot by the England section. I thought the countries were quite interesting! And despite wondering at first why we were visiting Canada-the movie was worth it.


Meeting Flick! One of Misha's favorite movies is A Bug's Life. She absolutely loved meeting this one. Right as we were the next ones in line, Flick had to take a 5 minute break-I told her maybe Flick had to go potty. But the worker was nice enough to let Misha be the one that escorted Flick back down the ramp to the standing area where you could meet the character. It was adorable, and she loved every minute of it.


We HAD to meet the faeries! Especially since she was in her faerie outfit that day. Note how Vidia isn't on her shirt? Well, she was one of the faeries that we met. Fawn, Tink, and VIDIA. Seriously?!?! Since WHEN is she considered one of Tink's friends???

She ran straight pass Mickey to meet Minnie first. It was hilarious.


She got Minnie ears! She actually picked these ones of all the different types of ears you can get. And I had her name embroidered on the back knowing it was one of the few things she'll ever have her name on (like me). This was while we were waiting for the parade and fireworks at Magic Kingdom-about 45 minutes before she puked up some of her dinner-it had to happen sometime, right?

Ever been to the Magic Kingdom during Christmas?! It's GORGEOUS. My aunt asked-over 1.5 MILLION lights on that castle. It makes for some beautiful night time viewing. And the lights change color...you can kind of tell how the bottom right is more of a bluish purple-it goes through blue, purple, green, pink, majenta...it's so pretty. If you get a chance-go during Christmas. You won't be disappointed.

This next one is just slightly out of order-but it's the best, and that's why.

This is for your viewing pleasure from inside the teacups. This face alone made all the hassle we went through worth it. If you've never seen your kid's face in sheer ecstasy, you should. It makes it ALL worth it.

6 comments:

Meg and Brad said...

It looks like you guys had a great trip! I can't believe how big Scott is getting - and I hear he is a wonderful baby!

Glad you had fun! Didn't see any pics of your mom and dad though!

Have a great Christmas - we'll miss you Saturday morning at breakfast!

Herry and Jayley said...

You didn't see any because my mom would kill me if I posted them. I got a really cute one of her and my dad-and a few of each of them doing stuff with the kids. And I will sorely miss Saturday morning breakfast. I usually do fat Sunday (where I don't care what I eat)-this week it will be fat Saturday.:)

Karen said...

Darling pictures!! I especially like the tea cup face, but I did see that one personally. Glad it is saved for posterity. Obviously, most of the other pictures we were not there at the time. Thank you for not posting any of me.

Annie H. said...

Looks like you had oh-so-MUCH fun! I'm so glad!! Can't wait to take our kids to Disneyland someday!

The Carter Famdamily said...

Oh how fun! I loved reading about your adventures. Looks like you had a blast!

{Jason and Elan} said...

wow, looks like you guys had a blast! I am so jealous you got to go to the wizarding world of Harry Potter, we want to go bad but Florida is so far away! Hope you guys had a great Christmas!